Monday, February 22, 2010

Betty Crocker Chocolate Peanut Butter Treats

I chose this recipe for one simple reason - I had a coupon! The cookies are good but the process is messy (so don't make with your kids unless you want powder sugar everywhere).

Ingredients:
  • 1 Betty Crocker peanut butter cookie mix
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tablespoon of water
  • 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
  • 1 cup of chocolate chips
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1/4 cup peanut butter
  • 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar

Preparations:

  1. Add egg, water and vegetable oil to cookie mix until it makes dough.

  2. Roll dough into small balls (use about a tablespoon worth of batter for each)

  3. Bake at 375 for 8-9 minutes.

  4. Let cookies cool for 10 minutes.

  5. Melt butter, peanut butter and chocolate chips over low heat. Stir well.

  6. Dip cooled cookies in chocolate mixture (while still warm)

  7. Put powdered sugar in big Ziplock bag, place chocolate covered cookies inside, gently tossing until coated.

  8. Repeat this process for cookies and set aside for them to cool.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are sinfully delicious!! I love them. I will have to make them my self.

Unknown said...

These cookies are really good. If you like peanut butter, then you have to try these. I rank these up there with the peanut butter bars and monster cookies.

doubledown said...

It's way sweet for my taste.