Friday, April 24, 2009

Sweet and Sour Chicken

TGIF! Just eight short hours and I'll be liberated from my computer and my hubby! While Ken heads off to spend the weekend with the munchkins, I'll be eating exactly what I please and not cooking for a soul!

So here's one more recipe before I put my chef's hat up for a couple of days. :)

1 (16 ounce) can pineapple chunks in natural juices
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 green onions, chopped
1 small green pepper (chopped)
1 small red pepper (chopped)
1 small yellow pepper chopped
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into small pieces
Teriyaki sauce

Drain the juice from the pineapple into a bowl and mix it with the cornstarch. Set aside. Saute the all of the vegetables in oil for about 3 minutes and then add chicken and pineapple. Cook until chicken is thoroughly done. Add pineapple juice/cornstarch. Cook until sauce is thickened. Add Teriyaki sauce. The recipe calls for one tablespoon but it's really a season until taste thing. I'd use at least three tablespoons. I served over instant rice.

This is a healthy meal to balance out those brownies and the oreos I plan to eat while Ken is gone. :)

No comments: