Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Barbecue Chicken (Low Carb)

I heard someone once say that in order to live well - you first have to eat well. While I'm a huge fan of cookies (just call me the Cookie Monster :) you can't always sit around eating cookies. Yesterday marks not just the start of a new week but also a new start for me. I'm putting my Oreos away and meeting up with a personal trainer. Hopefully my new path and athletic endeavors will provide many healthy recipes on this blog.
Ingredients:

1 packet of Mesquite marinade
1/4 cup of vegetable oil
1/4 cup of water
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1lb of skinless chicken breasts

Take one packet of Mesquite marinade and mix 1/4 cup of oil and 1/4 cup of water. Marinade the chicken for two hours.

Cook chicken in olive oil over medium heat for approximately 20 minutes. This makes a fabulous barbecue chicken without the barbecue!

No comments: