Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Trying new things

Growing up in a Scandinavian household, we pretty much ate the same things over and over again - fish, pork, and beef. Every week like clockwork, we ate the same old boring dishes. (I currently hate pork chops as a result.)

I thought that I was breaking the mold a bit with my family by branching out but after watching the show "Man vs Food", I realize there is literally a whole world out of there full of recipes yet to be explored.

(BTW, if you haven't checked out that show on the Travel Channel, you should. Adam Richmond is hilarious!)

So in the vein of trying something new, I did some research on cooking veal and came across this website - http://www.vealrecipes.com/ . They have lots easy recipes on a wide variety of different types of meats.

Tonight I hope to try the Veal Marsala (minus the tomato sauce). I'll let you guys know how that turns out.

No comments: