Monday, April 5, 2010

Red Lobster's Cheddar Bay Biscuits

Whenever I go to Red Lobster, I find myself drooling and losing all self control over their cheddar biscuits. They are just so good! Turns out, you make these tasty little biscuits at home and the recipe is way easy! I got this from Recipezaar.

Ingredients:
  • 2 1/2 cups Bisquick baking mix

  • 4 tablespoons cold butter

  • 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated

  • 3/4 cup cold whole milk (I substituted buttermilk and it was just as tasty)

  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

Top with:

  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted

  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

  • 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes

  • 1 pinch salt
Preparations:
  1. Preheat oven to 400°F.

  2. Combine Bisquick and cold butter. Don't combine too thoroughly. There should be small chunks of butter about the size of peas.

  3. Add cheddar, milk and 1/4 tsp garlic.

  4. Mix until combined, but don't over mix.

  5. Drop 9 equal portions onto greased cookie sheet.

Bake at 400 degrees for ten minutes.

Topping:

  1. Melt 2 tbsp butter in a bowl. Stir in 1/2 tsp garlic powder and parsley flakes.

  2. Use a pastry brush to spread garlic butter over tops of biscuits.

1 comment:

Jon said...

Oh man, I love these Biscuits! My wife and I were just talking about how good these are. I'm going to surprise my wife and make these for dinner one of these nights.

I'll be a hero!

Thanks Chris!