Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Joy of Cooking's French Toast

I wanted to do a comparison between this recipe and the Better Homes and Garden recipe that I made a few weeks back. I now know where my grandmother got her French Toast recipe - it's from Joy of Cooking! But alas, this recipe is not nearly as good as the one from Better Homes and Garden.

Keep in mind that the thicker and more dense your bread - the better the French Toast.


Ingredients:

4 eggs
8 slices of bread
1 cup of milk
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
sugar
cinnamon

Preparations:
  1. Beat eggs, vanilla and milk.
  2. Dip bread in egg batter, coating both sides.
  3. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Fry over medium heat in pan that's been sprayed or coated with butter.
The instructions aren't very precise at all and the spices really do make the French Toast. So, I recommend the Better Homes and Garden recipe!

No comments: