- 2 cups dried penne pasta
- 1 lb of ground beef
- 1 jar of Marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup canned sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to directions. Drain and set aside.
- Cook ground beef until no longer pink. Drain off fat.
- Spread 1/2 cup of Marinara sauce over bottom of Lasagna pan or 13x9 pan that's been coated with non-stick spray.
- Top sauce with pasta, cooked ground beef, mushrooms and onion.
- Pour remaining sauce over pasta and meat.
At this point, you can cover and freeze or top with cheese and bake at 375 for 30-40 minutes. If you freeze it, leave off the cheese and defrost in the refrigerator before baking according to directions.