|I need a brush for barbeque dishes....|
The girls actually worked with me on this and I hear from their babysitter that they loved this recipe. WARNING: if you have kids that HATE spicy food - leave out the hot sauce. (See the original recipe and it's awesome reviews.)
- 12 chicken drumsticks, about 3 1/2 pounds
- 1 cup barbecue sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more as needed
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- vegetable oil to grease pan
- With a sharp knife, make 2 slashes, about 1-inch apart into the thickest part of the drumstick, cutting to the bone. Transfer the chicken to a large sealable plastic freezer bag.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1/4 cup of the barbecue sauce with the rest of the ingredients. Pour into the bag of chicken, press out most of the air, and seal tightly. Shake the bag gently to distribute the sauce evenly. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and grease lightly with vegetable oil. Remove the chicken from the bag with tongs and space evenly on the pan.
- Brush both sides of the drumsticks with barbecue sauce.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove, and brush generously with more sauce. Return to the oven, and repeat this brushing process 3 more times, for a total cooking time of about 50-60 minutes.
- Chicken will be fork tender, when it's done.