Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Chili Cheeseburgers - an easy weeknight dinner

If you read this blog, you know that I struggle to feed picky eaters. I could tell them to eat whatever I make and they would (cause they're that cool), but I don't want to be that kind of mom. I'd rather they enjoy mealtime than fear it. Here's an impromptu meal that I came up with as a means of feeding the family. I only got one complaint and that was there needed to be salt added to it. So I'm adding that in.




Ingredients:
  • 1 lb lean ground beef (or ground turkey)
  • 1/2 of a green pepper, chopped
  • 1/4 cup of onion, chopped
  • 1 can of Chili (I prefer Nalley) 
  • 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
  • 4 large hamburger buns
  • 1 teaspoon of salt
Preparations:
  1. Mix beef, onion, green pepper and salt. Mix well and form into four large patties.
  2. Fry or grill patties until meat is done. (You decide if you like it well done, medium rare, etc)
  3. Cook chili over medium heat until bubbly.
  4. Place patty on bun, cover with 1/4 cup of chili and top with cheese and top part of bun.
Makes 4 servings. 


No comments: