Friday, October 21, 2011

Beef Fajitas

I'm sitting in a quiet house with actual time on my hands. It's a rare event so I'm taking a minute to share an easy recipe. My husband loves steak and so does our youngest daughter. (She would rather get beef jerky than candy for Halloween. :) I'm constantly looking for new ways to cook steak not because anyone else cares but because I get bored cooking the same thing over and over again.

This recipe comes from my Super Suppers Cookbook. I love this cookbook and every recipe has turned out really well.




Ingredients:
  • 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 lb flank steak or beef skirt
  • 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
  • 1/4 cup Olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons Chili powder
  • 2 cups sliced onion
  • 2 cups sliced bell pepper
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 12 6-inch flour tortillas
Preparations:
  1. Mix lime juice, olive oil and chili powder. Pour into plastic bag. Add meat and shake bag so chili/oil mixture coats steak. Marinate meat for a minimum of 2 hours and no longer than 24.
  2. Remove steak (save the marinade) and cook over medium heat until meat is medium rare. (Can be 10 to 16 minutes)
  3. In separate pan, pour in marinade and add vegetables. Cook until tender and season with salt and pepper.
  4. Slice steak against the grain. Combine with vegetables. Serve on warm tortillas and top with cheese, sour cream or guacamole.

No comments: