This recipe comes from my Super Suppers Cookbook. I love this cookbook and every recipe has turned out really well.
- 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 lb flank steak or beef skirt
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Chili powder
- 2 cups sliced onion
- 2 cups sliced bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 6-inch flour tortillas
- Mix lime juice, olive oil and chili powder. Pour into plastic bag. Add meat and shake bag so chili/oil mixture coats steak. Marinate meat for a minimum of 2 hours and no longer than 24.
- Remove steak (save the marinade) and cook over medium heat until meat is medium rare. (Can be 10 to 16 minutes)
- In separate pan, pour in marinade and add vegetables. Cook until tender and season with salt and pepper.
- Slice steak against the grain. Combine with vegetables. Serve on warm tortillas and top with cheese, sour cream or guacamole.