My tuna melt is a bit on the healthier side but still tasty. This recipe makes 4 servings.
- 2 6-ounce cans of albacore tuna, drained
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (make it light if you're counting calories)
- 2 tablespoons honey dijon mustard
- 1/2 of a large celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 large dill pickle, chopped
- 8 slices of whole wheat bread
- Sharp cheddar cheese
- Combine tuna with mayonnaise, mustard, chopped celery and pickles. Mix well.
- Use either a large skillet or an electric fry pan and turn to medium heat.
- Butter four slices of bread and place the butter-side down in skillet. Cover with lid.
- Let cheese melt.
When cheese has begun to melt, add tuna mixture and cover with another slice of buttered bread. (Put non-buttered side on tuna mixture.) Flip over. Toast until both sides are done. Serve with pickles or chips. :)