I wanted to get a jump on the holiday by trying new pie recipes and something went wrong with this one. I thought as I overfilled the pie shell, that it was just too much filling but I poured it all in anyway. Within two minutes, the filling was burning on the bottom of my stove. I also had to pull this pie out ten minutes early and it wasn't quite done so if you make this - only pour enough of the filling so it's even with the inner pie crust. And put a cookie sheet on the rack below it just to be sure. :)
- 3 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 9-inch ready-to-bake pie crust
- Heat oven to 375º. Place chocolate and butter in microwavable bowl. Microwave uncovered on High 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every minute, until chocolate is melted; cool.
- Mix sugar, flour and salt. Beat eggs slightly in large bowl with fork. Stir in sugar mixture and cooled chocolate mixture. Stir in pecans and vanilla. Pour into pie crust.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until center is set. Cool completely on wire rack, about 1 hour. Do not refrigerate. Serve with whipped cream.