The cream cheese gives this bar a nice tangy taste and my husband, who's on a low calorie diet, ate these until his guilt kicked in.
- 1 bag (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- 2 packages (3 oz each) cream cheese
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups Original Bisquick® mix
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup white vanilla baking chips
- 1 bag (6 oz) semisweet chocolate chips (1 cup)
- Heat oven to 375°F. In 2-quart saucepan, heat 2 cups chocolate chips, the cream cheese and milk over low heat, stirring constantly, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Cool while making crust.
- In medium bowl, mix Bisquick mix, sugar and cocoa. Cut in butter, using pastry blender (or pulling 2 table knives through ingredients in opposite directions), until mixture is crumbly.
- Press half of the crumbly mixture (2 cups) on bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch pan. Sprinkle with white vanilla baking chips. Spoon chocolate mixture over crumbly mixture and chips; spread evenly.
- Sprinkle with remaining crumbly mixture and 1 cup chocolate chips. Press lightly with fork.