Monday, November 21, 2011

Easiest Pumpkin Pie

I have pie issues. I suspect they stem from not really liking pie. Alas, I still feel obligated to bake them. If you have NO baking experience, got roped into bringing a pie to Thanksgiving dinner or just want to prove that you can in fact bake without burning the house down - this is the easiest pumpkin pie recipe I could find.  Follow the directions carefully.


Ingredients:
  • 1 - 9 inch prepared graham cracker crust
  • 1 - 30 ounce can of pumpkin pie mix
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 5 ounces of evaporated milk
Preparations:
  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees for 15 minutes. Turn temperature down to 350 degrees after those first 15 minutes. 
  2. Combine pumpkin, eggs and milk. Beat well. 
  3. Pour pumpkin mixture into prepared pie crust. 
  4. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes or until middle of pie is solid. (Test by gently putting a knife into it.) Place pie on cookie sheet in oven if you want to avoid spillage and setting off the smoke detector. :)

I think I could have cooked this for 60 minutes. This is what it looked like at 55 minutes.

No comments: