- 1 1/2 rolls of Ritz crackers, crushed (use a potato masher or rolling pin)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large eggplant, sliced into even pieces
- 1 - 1lb 8 oz jar of spaghetti sauce
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella, shredded
- spaghetti, cooked (amount determined how many people you are feeding)
- Olive or Vegetable oil
- Combine milk with beaten eggs and whisk.
- Dip sliced eggplant into beaten eggs and then into the Ritz crackers. Place prepared eggplant on plate. Repeat until all of the eggplant is breaded.
- Fry eggplant in oil over medium heat. Cook both sides evenly until eggplant is soft.
- Layer eggplant in 9x13 pan. (Coat with Pam or Crisco spray first)
- Cover eggplant with spaghetti sauce. Top with cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees until cheese is bubbling. (Approximately 12 to 15 minutes.)
- Cook spaghetti according to directions and drain.
- Serve eggplant over spaghetti. Salt and pepper to taste.