Monday, March 19, 2012

Easy Chicken 'N Dumplings - Slow Cooker Recipe

I have really great memories of my great-grandmother making chicken and dumplings. Sadly, I don't have her recipe but I found one that's easy and pretty close to hers. Using canned biscuits saves a lot of time and they taste yummy!



Ingredients:
  • 2 cups cooked chicken (I baked a couple of chicken breasts and then cut them into pieces.)
  • 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) cream of chicken soup
  • 2 soup cans of water
  • 4 teaspoons of all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (8 biscuits)
Preparations:
  1. Combine all ingredients except biscuits in slow cooker.
  2. Cut biscuits into quarters and gently stir into mixture. 
  3. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.

No comments: