- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup maple-flavored syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 oz cream cheese (half of 3-oz package), softened
- 3 to 4 tablespoons maple-flavored syrup
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Generously grease and lightly flour 12-cup fluted tube cake pan, or spray with baking spray with flour.
- In large bowl, beat cake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan.
- Bake 47 to 53 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to cooling rack.
- Cool completely, about 2 hours.
- In large bowl, beat powdered sugar, 3 tablespoons butter, the cream cheese and 3 tablespoons of the syrup with electric mixer on low speed.
- Beat in enough of the remaining syrup to make a smooth, soft frosting that will flow down side of cake. Spread frosting over cake. Store loosely covered in refrigerator.
|Just out of the oven and it stuck to the pan in spite of greasing and flouring it.|