Friday, April 17, 2009

My chocolate peanut butter obsession

Okay, I admit it. I'm a choco-peanut butter-aholic. I think the Reese's peanut butter cup is one of the best inventions known to women everywhere. But since I've been working out and trying to eat less, I've stayed away from my guilty pleasure.

Last night though I caved and had the best peanut butter chocolate chip cookies! (I know I need to get a life but who needs a life when you have a blog?:)


Here's the recipe:

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 sticks butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup creamy or chunky peanut butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 large egg
1 3/4 cups chocolate chips
Granulated sugar

Combine the butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and egg. Mix separately the flour and baking soda. Add gradually to wet mixture.

Bake for 8-10 minutes at 375. Sprinkle with granulated sugar.

It could be my chocolate peanut butter withdrawals but the cookie dough for this was awesome.

No comments: