Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Tuna Melts

Saturday morning I woke up at 7 a.m. and thought that I had to go to work. After I realized that it was in fact Saturday, I couldn't get back to sleep. So I got up and cleaned my kitchen from top to bottom. It was so clean in fact that I didn't want to mess it up by cooking a big meal Saturday night.

So instead I opted to make a very healthy tuna melt:

1 can tuna (I prefer the kind in water)
2 medium celery stalks
1 small green bell pepper
2 cups fat-free garlic vinaigrette dressing
4 thin slices of bread, toasted
sprouts
1 small onion, thinly sliced
1 avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into slices
1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese

Mix all of your ingredients except the bread, avocado and cheese. Spread mixture on bread and top with cheese and avocado. I added tomato slices to one side and then layered with cheese. The recipe calls for Swiss but I used Mozzarella. Broil for about 3 minutes or until cheese melts.

1 comment:

How To Eat A Cupcake said...

Yum! I love avocado! I bet these are delish!