Sunday, May 17, 2009

Mexican-style Omelet (Low Carb)

It's always kind of a bummer to cook dinner on Saturday nights because I usually spend the day cleaning, grocery shopping and working around the house. So by the time I got around to cooking last night it was nine p.m. Being tired but still obligated to cook for Ken, I opened the fridge and pulled out the best ingredients I could find to make an omelet. Ken loved the result so much that I'm posting the original recipe right here.

3 eggs (whisked)
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 of a Avocado
1/4 of an onion (chopped)
4 pieces of bacon cooked and then chopped
1/4 cup cheddar cheese
Sour cream

Whisk the eggs and cream together. Pour into hot skillet. Add avocado, onion and bacon. Cook until half way done and then add cheddar cheese. Cooking time varies according to how well you like your omelet cooked. This one turned out just a wee bit crispy.

No comments: