Thursday, June 18, 2009

French Dips

Okay, so I burned dinner and I'm not going to win the Martha Stewart award anytime soon. On the plus side, I have three fairly easy going kids so they didn't mind have French dips that were on the crunchy side. (They totally got ice cream for dessert.)

Chrissa's French Dips

Ingredients:

1 loaf french bread
1lb cooked beef
6 slices of Swiss cheese
3 cups of Au Jus

I took a five pound steak that I had previously marinated and cooked. I cut it into pieces. Take the loaf of bread and slice it in half and then split each half lengthwise. Cover the two halves of the bread with meat and then topped each piece with three slices of Swiss Cheese. Broil until the cheese melts.

Dipping Sauce:

You can either make the Au Jus as directed or you can save your spicy marinade and warm it. My secret to yummy beef is storing the leftovers in the marinade sauce. Turns out I actually prefer dipping my sandwich in this rather than Au Jus.

Bon Appetite.

No comments: