Sunday, September 6, 2009

Steak and Mushrooms

There's been a lot of beef being cooked around here seeing as how Ken is on the "Blood Type Diet". This diet restricts him to eating beef, lamb, and fish. Since he can't eat chicken you won't be seeing too many recipes for it anytime soon.

In order to keep things interesting (cause cooking beef every night can be pretty darn boring) I thought I'd make steak and mushrooms. When I informed Ken that's what I'd be cooking he asked - "Did you get a recipe?" To which I replied sweetly, "Nope but it's going to be good!"

I'm happy to report he was pleasantly surprised. As you know mushrooms basically take on the flavor of whatever they are cooked with. I marinated my steak (which was actually a 2lb pot roast sliced in half horizontally) and threw in a bunch of sliced mushrooms. I fried all of it for about 25 minutes in my Cast Iron skillet.

And the results were a restaurant quality meal for a cost of about $4.00.

No comments: