Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread

'Tis the season for pumpkin y'all!

Okay, that's about as much enthusiasm as you'll ever see me muster for the holidays. When it comes to a holiday that requires decorating, I'm totally the Scrooge-ette of my block. Chalk it up to childhood trauma and you've got one gal who hates crafts and never decorates the Christmas tree. (I hand Ken the box and say - Have at it, pal)

But alas, times are changing and I'm trying to be less "Scroogy" about Halloween and Christmas. In an effort to be more festive, here's my first recipe of the pumpkin season. I took the recipe for pumpkin bread from Better Homes and Garden and added a bag of Nestle chocolate chips.

Ingredients:

3 cups sugar
1 cup cooking oil
4 eggs
3 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2/cup water
15 ounces of canned pumpkin

Preparations:

Combine oil, sugar, eggs, water and pumpkin. Mix well. Separately, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Mix well. Combine both sets of ingredients and mix thoroughly. Add chocolate chips.

Bake at 350 for 55-60 minutes.

Servings: 3 loaves

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This bread made my day. Thanks Chris!

CHRISCOREY said...

MMMMM.
Tasty