Saturday, November 21, 2009

Tukey Pot Pie

I like to practice cooking certain dishes for the holidays so I cooked a turkey the other week and had lots of leftovers. I put the remaining turkey to good use by creating my own Turkey pot pie recipe.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups chopped Turkey
1 can of cream of Chicken soup
1/2 cup of chopped onion
1/2 cup of chopped celery
8 oz of canned corn
8 oz of canned peas
1 package of 2 Pillsbury pie crusts
Salt and Pepper to taste

Preparations:

While I was chopping everything, I layered the bottom of my pie dish with the first pie crust and put it in the oven at 400 degrees. It baked for about 13 minutes. I did this because the last time I attempted to make this dish (using Pillsbury's recipe), my pie crust was underdone and it was just a crappy dish from start to finish.

While that bottom layer is baking, mix chopped ingredients with cream of chicken soup (if it's condensed add 1 can of water). Cook over medium heat for 12 minutes and then add canned vegetables. Once the onions are soft, take the mixture and pour it into your pie crust. Cover the pie with the remaining pie crust and bake for about 20 minutes or until crust is flaky.

Servings: 5

No comments: