Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Homemade Macaroni and Cheese for picky eaters

Are your kids Mac & Cheese snobs? Well, ours are! When I was little, I was happy to get boxed mac & cheese but the children in this house won't eat the powdered stuff. I tried a family recipe (that I really liked) but they turned up their noses at that too.

Imagine my joy when I finally found an easy macaroni and cheese recipe that's loved!



Here's my version of Campbell's Baked Macaroni and Cheese:

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cups of elbow pasta or 2 cups of cork screw pasta

  • 1 can condensed Cheddar Cheese soup

  • 1 can of milk
Preparations:


  1. Boil pasta until cooked. (Usually around 10 -12 minutes at a boil)

  2. Drain pasta.

  3. Add soup plus one can of milk to noodles.

  4. Mix well.

  5. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring well over medium heat.

  6. Salt and pepper to taste.


Servings: 4


Cost of meal: $2.50

2 comments:

sunburst77 said...

"Imagine my joy when I finally found an easy macaroni and cheese recipe that's loved!"

Yes, I can DEFINITELY imagine your joy. I had this recipe about 4 years ago (found on a quilting site, of all places) & made it once or twice & my picky teen actually said she liked it, but then I lost it, forgetting exactly what was in it, but always remembered how good & simple it was. I never wanted the boxed kind again. I wasn't able to recall the original website, but every once in a while, I searched the internet for it, to no avail. So, "imagine MY joy" when I finally found your page today, out of all the thousands on the web--there it was, and now I can make it again! You've made me very happy. THANK YOU for sharing it!

Random said...

I've got picky eaters as well. Go figure! This was a great recipe that will become a regular! Thank you for posting this. I bragged about it so much that it looks like I'll be bringing this as a side dish along with little smokies on Thanksgiving.
Thanks again!