Monday, February 1, 2010

Saving Money on Groceries by Using Coupons

It's the first day of the month which means new coupons! I know that doesn't sound like really exciting news but in this economy, it warms my heart to save a few bucks here and there.

If you're like I was (before marriage and three kids ago) and haven't been clipping coupons; here's where you start.


  1. Get a coupon organizer (I bought mine for $1 at Target)
  2. Check out http://www.coupons.com
  3. Print, clip and store coupons for everything that you buy regularly.
  4. Watch for sales on the stuff that you use, buy these items before you run out with the coupons you've saved.
  5. Sign up for promotions with the companies whose products you buy often. (Like Nabisco, Silk, Proctor & Gamble, etc.)
  6. Sign up for daily emails from the http://thekrazycouponlady.com/ (These gals update their site daily with the greatest deals on the web.)
Last week I saved $10 on my grocery bill. It might not seem like a lot but on average, I've cut our grocery bill by $40 a month and over a year that adds up to $480. Clipping coupons and shopping sales can be time consuming but what's a little time when you save almost $500 a year?

No comments: