Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Banana Nut Muffins

Hi, my name's Chris and I'm a compulsive baker. No matter how stressful life gets, baking is one of the few things that actually makes me feel better. I blame my mother for this trait. No matter how choatic things were when I was young that woman could be found baking a bundt cake or brownies. She wasn't much for cooking though and I can't ever recall her actually making a meal. My dad used to say "your mother's idea of cooking was to turn everything on high and then get on the phone".

Gotta love a woman who tries to multitask. :)

Along those lines, here's a muffin recipe for those mornings when you need something to go with your morning beverage.

Ingredients:

1/4 cup of butter (melted)
3 mashed bananas
1 cup of sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
5 tablespoons of milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1 1/4 cup of flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder

Preparations:



  1. Mix baking powder and flour. Set aside.

  2. Combine bananas, sugar, egg, vanilla, milk and butter.

  3. Add flour mixture to banana mixture and mix well. Add nuts.

  4. Spoon into greased cupcake pan or into cupcake pan with liners.

Bake at 375 for approximately 20 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments: