Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Double Chocolate Cookies

If Cookie Monster were a real person, I would so want his job!!! I love cookies and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Given the opportunity (and the inability to gain weight which I do NOT have), I'd eat cookies or cookie dough every single day. But since that's not good for me (at least Jillian Michaels and my dentist say it's not) I've learned to make homemade cookies a once week treat where I also get to try out a new recipe. Then I do my best not to think about how long I'll have to spend at the gym to burn off my cookie madness. :)

Note: I don't like white chocolate so I used semi-sweet and milk chocolate morsels for this.

Ingredients:

1 stick of butter (at room temperature)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup of light brown sugar
1 egg
1 1/4 cups of self rising flour
1 cup of rolled oats
4 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
4 ounces of white chocolate, coarsely chopped

Preparations:


  1. Mix butter, vanilla, sugar and egg.

  2. Separately, mix flour and oats.

  3. Combine both sets of ingredients and add chocolate.

  4. Bake at 375 for 15 to 20 minutes.

No comments: