Friday, May 21, 2010

Cafe Rio Cilantro Lime Rice

How about some rice to go with the enchilada casserole! Here's a recipe from Paige at Recipezaar.

Ingredients:

4 cups water
2 cups white rice
4 teaspoons chicken bouillon
2 garlic cloves
1/2 onion, chopped
1 large lime
1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped fine

Paige's Directions:
  1. Chop onion and garlic small. In a food processor, chop cilantro (I remove stems). Set aside.
  2. In a 4 cup measuring cup, squeeze lime so that all of the juice is extracted. Fill the container with water until it equals 4 cups. (you only want 4 cups liquid total). Place liquid in a sauce pan, add bullion and bring to a boil.
  3. When liquid comes to a boil, add onion, garlic, cilantro and rice. Cover and cook 25 minutes, or as long as instructed on the rice package.
Where I went wrong:

Mr. "I said I'd clean the shower so my best friend can visit for a week" (not that I'm passive aggressive or anything) didn't try this recipe so you're left with just my feedback. I used a big lime and it was overpowering. I also used Japanese sticky rice and then dumped extra bullion on it in order to make it less sticky and less lime flavored neither of which actually worked. Don't repeat my mistakes! Stick the recipe and enjoy!

No comments: