Thursday, December 30, 2010

Hershey's Chocolate Peanut Butter Blossoms

Remember those Hershey Kisses I scored a really great deal on? Well, I've still got some and if I don't make cookies with them my New Year's resolution is going to end up being "Burn Hershey Kisses calories off my derriere". They're like potato chips - I can't eat just one!
Fortunately, the kind people at Hershey also have a chocolate version of the peanut butter blossom.(I gave those cookies away to my neighbors and the reviews were really good.)

Ingredients:
48 HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup REESE'S Creamy Peanut Butter
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
Granulated sugar

Preparations:
  1. Combine shortening and peanut butter. Mix well.
  2. Add brown sugar and 1/3 cup granulated sugar. Beat until fluffy.
  3. Add egg, milk and vanilla. Beat some more.
  4. Separately, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
  5. Combine both sets of ingredients. (If you're using a Kitchen Aid, add the flour mixture slowly with the machine on a low setting. Otherwise you'll end up cleaning up flour off your face or walls. Yes, I've done this more than I care to admit. :)
  6. Heat oven to 375 and unwrap Kisses.
  7. Roll dough into one inch balls, roll in granulated sugar. (I pour 1/2 cup onto waxed paper for this.)
  8. Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Immediately add unwrapped kiss to each cookie.
  9. Let cool.

No comments: