Friday, December 31, 2010

Cheesy Chex Mix for Game Day!

New Year's day is fast approaching and if you're a football fan or married to one - you're most likely to hear "Keep the snacks coming!" (My record for football watching is 9 hours straight. But I was seventeen and trying to impress a really hot guy. :)

Here's an easy snack that can be made in minutes.

Ingredients:

9 cups Corn Chex®, Rice Chex® or Wheat Chex® cereal (or combination)
2 cups bite-size pretzel twists
2 cups bite-size cheese crackers
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 package (1 oz) ranch dressing and seasoning mix
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Preparations:
  1. Mix cereal, pretzels and crackers in a microwave safe bowl.
  2. In a small bowl (microwave safe) melt butter. (This takes about 25 - 30 seconds in my microwave.)
  3. Pour over cereal mixture.
  4. Stir so the whole mixture is evenly coated.
  5. Add dressing mix and cheese. Coat evenly.
  6. Microwave for 3 minutes (on high), stir after each minute.
  7. Spread on waxed paper or foil to cool. 
Makes 26 servings. Store in a ziplock bag or airtight container.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YUMM these sound tasty. My wife made several giant batches of sweet sticky check mix stuff. She likes sweet I like savory. Maybe I can convince her to leave some chex for me to make a savory mix like this. How did it turn out?