I remember the days when I started my Saturdays off by sleeping in and not clipping coupons and searching for recipes on the web. It's not the fancy single life I once had (and let's face it I was never one of the gals from Sex in the City), but it's actually kind of fun to save money and score good deals. It's also really nice to be building a steady supply in the pantry just in case...
Here's an easy recipe that tastes so good I risked burning my tongue just to try a bit. If you don't like nuts then leave out the pecans.
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons self rising flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
6 cups sliced peeled Golden Delicious apples (6 medium)
1 cup Gold Medal self-rising flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
10 tablespoons butter
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix sugar, 2 tablespoons of flour and cinnamon.
- Add apples. Stir to coat evenly.
- Pour into greased 13x9 glass baking dish.
- Mix remaining flour and brown sugar.
- Cut butter into mixture until it looks like coarse crumbs. Add oats and pecans.
- Sprinkle mixture evenly over fruit.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until topping is golden brown.