I came across this one by Danielle on Allrecipes.com and it was very highly rated.
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup shortening
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 bananas, mashed
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine sugar, shortening, eggs, vanilla and bananas. (I used all three instead of just two.)
- Separately, combine flour, soda and salt. Mix.
- Add both sets of ingredients. Mix until well combined.
- Pour in chocolate chips. Mix again.
- Bake at 350 in a loaf pan for 60-70 minutes.