Monday, January 3, 2011

Banana Chocolate Chip Bread

My husband came home the other night with three very ripe bananas in hand and said "Can you make something with these?" So, I decided that rather than make my usual banana bread I'd branch out and see what other kind of recipes are out there for very ripe bananas that your husband deemed too ripe to put on his granola.

I came across this one by Danielle on Allrecipes.com and it was very highly rated.

Ingredients:
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup shortening
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 bananas, mashed
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Preparations:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Combine sugar, shortening, eggs, vanilla and bananas. (I used all three instead of just two.)
  3. Separately, combine flour, soda and salt. Mix.
  4. Add both sets of ingredients. Mix until well combined. 
  5. Pour in chocolate chips. Mix again.
  6. Bake at 350 in a loaf pan for 60-70 minutes.
I thought this was too much batter for one loaf pan so I took the excess and made three muffin tops with it. This recipe is really good especially served warm with butter.

No comments: