Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Betty Crocker's Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

There's something about oatmeal raisin cookies that reminds me of nap time and Kindergarten. Remember nap time? Remember when your biggest problem was whether you had to share your Leggos or whether you going to get a turn in line playing tether ball? Oh, how I miss those days.... (Back then I had no idea teenagers, cell phones and mortgages lay ahead of me. If I had, I would have taken more naps!)

In honor of the days when we didn't have mortgages to pay or teenagers turning our hair prematurely gray, here's a tasty recipe from Betty Crocker's Cookies.

Ingredients:
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
3 cups quick cooking oats
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup raisins


Preparations:
  1. In mixer, combine all ingredients except oats, flour and raisins. Beat well.
  2. Separately, combine flour, oats and raisins.
  3. Combine both sets of ingredients. Mix well.
  4. Bake 9 - 11 minutes or until light brown. 

    3 comments:

    Tommy said...

    Not a fan of raisins, but the texture is soft and chewy!

    Unknown said...

    I liked these! Nice chewy texture and I didn't feel guilty eating 3 of them. I just tell myself the granola and raisins are good for me. Thanks for sharing I will have to give it a try.

    Unknown said...

    Great cookies! Perfect amount of raisins.