My response - "This suppose to be a "healthy" version of this recipe."
1 1/2 cups of pinto beans, rinsed and drained (and mashed if you want them to seem like re-fried beans)
2 cups of salsa
4- 6 inch flour tortillas
1 cup of whole kernel corn
1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Monterrey Jack cheese
1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Spray pie dish with non-stick spray.
- Cover the bottom of your pie pan with a thin layer of salsa.
- Add tortilla.
- Layer 1 cup of the pinto beans on top of tortilla, add 1/2 cup of corn, 1/4 cup of cheese and 1 cup of salsa.
- Add one tortilla.
- Top with another equal layer of beans and top with another tortilla.
- Last layer - add remaining corn, salsa and cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. (Keep an eye on this. The recipe says 12-15 minutes but that wasn't long enough.)
- Top with shredded lettuce and sour cream if you like.