This recipe is pretty good. If you have walnuts, definitely add them. I was out so I just used semi-sweet chocolate chips.
1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, divided
1 can (14 oz.) Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Combine butter with flour, sugar and salt, beat until crumbly.
- Press 2 cups crumb mixture onto bottom of prepared baking pan; reserve remaining mixture. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Melt 1 cup morsels and sweetened condensed milk in a small, heavy-duty saucepan. Warm over low heat, stirring until smooth. Stir in vanilla extract. Spread over hot crust.
- Add nuts and remaining morsels into reserved crumb mixture; sprinkle over chocolate filling.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until center is set. Cool in pan on wire rack.