1 cup of water hot enough to heat the yeast (105 -115 degrees)
1 package of active dry yeast
3 cups of flour split in half
2 tablespoons of soft butter
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 tablespoon of sugar
- Add yeast to hot cup of water. Let dissolve.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups of flour, butter, salt and sugar. Mix well.
- Add dissolved yeast to flour mixture. Beat for three minutes.
- Add remaining flour. Knead until the dough is not sticky.
- Cover dough. Let rise until doubled.
- Separate dough into bread stick size pieces. Place on greased baking sheet and let rise again until doubled.
- Bake at 400 for 15 minutes or until brown.
- Baste with butter and garlic salt if you like. :)