1/3 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon Garlic powder
1 medium raw eggplant
2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
1 1/2 cups canned tomato sauce
1/2 cup part-skim Mozzarella shredded cheese
- Coat casserole or 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Cut eggplant into slices and remove the skin.
- Dip eggplant in beaten egg whites and then coat with breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake on nonstick sheet until lightly browned. (20 - 25 minutes). Flip once.
- Layer eggplant on the bottom of prepared dish. Cover with 1/3 of the tomato sauce and 1/3 of Mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat layering process two more times.
- Bake until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling.