Friday, March 11, 2011

Cranberry, Feta and Roasted Walnut Salad

I first had this salad at a restaurant in Salt Lake. My husband liked it so much that we looked up the recipe and made it at home. It's really good. I'm not a salad person but this is very yummy and easy to make. It's a little expensive with the walnuts and cheese so I won't make it daily but I would serve it for a nice dinner with friends. 


Ingredients:
  • 1 pkg. (10 oz.) spinach salad leaves
  • 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
  • 1 pkg. (4 oz.) crumbled Feta Cheese
  • 1/2 cup coarsely chopped toasted walnuts
  • 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar (I used Balsamic Vinegarette from Newman's Own)
  • 1 Tbsp. honey
  • 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
  • 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
  • 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Directions:
  1. Layer spinach greens, cranberries, cheese and walnuts in shallow salad bowl or on large serving platter.
  2. Whisk vinegar, honey, mustard and pepper in small bowl. Slowly add oil in a thin stream, whisking constantly until well blended. 
  3. Pour over salad. Toss gently to coat. Serve immediately.

No comments: