Until my son starts eating pureed food, I find myself stuck with a burning need to make something from overly ripe bananas. This recipe is easy. I was able to make it in between cries and didn't burn it! As a side note, if there are any stay at home moms that read my little blog I would like to say you gals ROCK! Staying at home is the hardest job I've had to date.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (2 to 3 medium)
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup HERSHEY'S Mini Chips Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom only of 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Combine all ingredients except small chocolate chips and walnuts in large bowl; blend well on medium speed of mixer. Stir in small chocolate chips and walnuts. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 60 to 65 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack. 1 loaf (18 servings)