Saturday, March 12, 2011

Hershey's Chocolate Chip Banana Bread





Until my son starts eating pureed food, I find myself stuck with a burning need to make something from overly ripe bananas. This recipe is easy. I was able to make it in between cries and didn't burn it! As a side note, if there are any stay at home moms that read my little blog I would like to say you gals ROCK! Staying at home is the hardest job I've had to date.

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 cup mashed ripe banana (2 to 3 medium)
  • 1/2 cup shortening
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup HERSHEY'S Mini Chips Semi-Sweet Chocolate
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Preparations:
  1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom only of 9x5-inch loaf pan.
  2. Combine all ingredients except small chocolate chips and walnuts in large bowl; blend well on medium speed of mixer. Stir in small chocolate chips and walnuts. Pour batter into prepared pan.
  3. Bake 60 to 65 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack. 1 loaf (18 servings)

No comments: