This comes from Epicurious.com:
- 4 ripe bananas, peeled, each cut into 4 pieces
- 8 thin slices light (reduced-fat) mixed-grain bread
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- Powdered sugar
- 8 large strawberries
- Pure maple syrup (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place 4 pieces of banana on each of 4 bread slices; mash banana on bread. Top with remaining 4 bread slices.
- Whisk milk, eggs, vanilla extract and cinnamon in glass pie dish.
- Working in batches, dip bread in egg mixture; let soak 45 seconds on each side.
- Spray large nonstick skillet with vegetable oil spray. Heat over medium heat.
- Working in batches, add French toast to skillet and cook until golden, about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer to baking sheet; bake 8 minutes.
- Transfer to plates. Dust with powdered sugar. Garnish with strawberries. Serve with maple syrup, if desired.