Well, I didn't get the good night's sleep. Instead, my son woke up every two a half hours that night and if that wasn't enough to make me absolutely thrilled to be his mother - he decided top it off with prying open his diaper and peeing all over everything. What is it with little boys and their need to constantly do that?
On that note, here's the dinner Ken made for me. (He never could get the sauce to thicken but it was still pretty good. :)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
- salt to taste
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Saute onion until lightly browned. Stir in garlic, curry powder, cinnamon, paprika, bay leaf, ginger, sugar and salt. Continue stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken pieces, tomato paste, yogurt, and coconut milk. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf, and stir in lemon juice and cayenne pepper. Simmer 5 more minutes.