Monday, May 16, 2011

Easy Lemon Bars from Allrecipes.com

I've never made lemon bars before. I actually had fresh lemons on hand so I thought why not make some lemon bars? It also gave me a chance to use my brand new measuring cups that I ordered off Amazon.com. The general complaint around my house is that our measuring cups have been through the dishwasher so many times that you can't tell anymore which measuring cup is a half or a third. Our new ones not only have the label embedded on the handle but they also come in ALL sizes. So instead of having to measure 2/3 rds of a cup and get it to a line, you just fill the 2/3 cup. (So cool!) I totally love them and yes, I need to get a life. :)

Ingredients:

The Crust:
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour

The Filling:

4 eggs
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 lemons, juiced


Preparations:
  1. Combine 1 cup of butter, 1/2 of white sugar and 2 cups of flour. Beat well.
  2. Press flour mixture into 9x13 pan and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
  3. Beat eggs, 1 1/2 cups white sugar, 1/4 cup of flour and lemon juice. (I didn't have anything to juice the lemons so I just squeezed really hard.)
  4. Pour lemon mixture over baked crust. Bake for 20 minutes. 
  5. The bars set as they cool. I sifted powder sugar over the top.


    No comments: