This recipe is from Allrecipes.com. I decided to make M&M cookies because it put my leftover Easter candy to good use. It's easy, tasty and calls for Crisco instead of butter.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups candy-coated milk chocolate pieces
- In a large bowl, mix sugar, eggs, shortening, and vanilla thoroughly. Add flour, salt, and baking soda to creamed mixture. Blend well. Add 3/4 cup of M&M candies.
- Drop dough by teaspoonful onto cookie sheet. Slightly push a few candies on top of each dough ball with remaining candies.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.