Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Spicy Beef Curry in a Crock Pot

You know you're losing your mind when you're realize that you're begging your 14-week-old son to eat enough formula so that you can BOTH sleep through the night. People keep asking me how I find the time to cook and blog and I say "Well, I don't sleep much.". I really miss sleep.




This recipe is so hot that it's for people with very strong stomachs. If you don't have a strong stomach (I don't!) then skip the habaneros or use the mild ones.


Ingredients:

1 lb of stew meat, cut into strips
1 14.5 ounce can of diced tomatoes
1 10 ounce can diced tomatoes and habaneros (hot)
1 tablespoon of curry powder
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 beef bouillon cubes
1/2 cup of boiling water
1 teaspoon of ground ginger

Preparations:
  1. Add the beef bouillon cubes to the boiling water. Let dissolve.
  2. Add all of the spices and gravy packet to beef bouillon. Mix well.
  3. Pour bouillon/spice mixture into crock pot. Drain both cans of tomatoes. Add to crockpot.
  4. Add meat to crock pot. Cook on high for two hours or until meat is tender.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love all kinds of curry - Thai, Indian, and my own variation but I have to admit I've never tried making curry in a crock pot. Thanks for sharing this recipe, I'm going to try in soon.