Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Turkey and Cheese Sandwich Quesadilla

When I told my husband I was going to buy a Rival quesadilla maker, he said he didn't think it would get used and I shouldn't bother buying it. But I did anyway! And he has since changed his mind. He now comes home on his lunch breaks and makes the occasional quesadilla. Every now and again, I like to make my quesadilla like a sandwich...



Ingredients:

2 flour tortillas
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
4 slices of smoked turkey


Preparations: 
  1. Place one tortilla in pan or on quesadilla maker.
  2. Place turkey on tortilla, sprinkle cheese over evenly. Top with other tortilla.
How long you cook the quesadilla depends on whether you do this in a fry pan (that you've sprayed with cooking spray) or in a quesadilla maker. The great thing about a quesadilla maker is that you don't have to flip the quesadilla. So, if you use a pan make sure to cook evenly on both sides and don't let the tortillas get too crispy.

No comments: