Green and red bell peppers were on sale at the grocery store a while back so I chopped up what I couldn't use, put them a freezer bag and stored them. They came in very handy this last Saturday when I was trying to get rid of leftovers. This recipe combines my leftover chicken breasts, corn and frozen peppers.
- 2 large cooked chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chopped green and red bell peppers
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cooked corn
- 1 Fajita seasoning packet
- 8 tortillas
- sour cream & salsa (optional)
- Place chicken and peppers in large skillet. (I didn't use oil because the peppers were frozen.)
- Cook on medium heat for five minutes.
- Add fajita seasoning and water as directed on packet.
- Pour corn into pan. Stir well.
- Let vegetables and chicken simmer in seasoning.
- In a separate pan or quesadilla maker, place one tortilla.
- Put a fourth of the chicken mixture on tortilla, add 1/4 cup of shredded cheese. Cover with tortilla.
- Cook until cheese is melted and top with sour cream and/or salsa.
Makes 4 servings