|Tip: Use a food processor instead of a grater. It's much easier and less time consuming.|
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 Tbsp. finely shredded lemon peel
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 lb. carrots, cut up
- 1 cup pecans, toasted
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 an 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese
- 1 8-oz. can crushed pineapple (juice pack), drained
- 1 Recipe Cream Cheese Frosting
Fresh pineapple slices, drained
- Allow eggs, butter, and cream cheese to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, grease the bottoms and 1 inch up the sides of two 8x4x2-inch loaf pans. Set pans aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In large bowl stir together flour, baking powder, lemon peel, and salt; set aside.
- In a food processor bowl* process carrots with on-off turns until finely chopped. Add pecans and 12 cup of sugar; process until pecans are finely chopped.
- In extra-large mixing bowl beat butter and cream cheese for 30 seconds; beat in remaining 1 cup sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until combined.