Kess, on the other hand, is the pickiest 10-year-old around. (I'm sure there are worse but she's the only picky eater I know!) Every day, there's a new dish that she says she doesn't like. Lately, she's on a "I hate red meat in any form" kick. So imagine my happiness when this easy dish satisfied them both. At first, Kess resisted but after one piece of chicken, she wanted more and Kali insisted that she be able to eat the leftovers for breakfast. (Seriously - when did kids stop wanting Lucky Charms for breakfast?)
On that note, I give you easy chicken for a weeknight.
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups tangy barbecue sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.2 Bend the wings and tuck the tips under the large joint to form a triangle.
- Season the chicken wings on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Set wings in a single layer in a large roasting or baking pan. Use two pans if you have to.
- Bake the chicken wings, turning once, until browned, about 45 minutes.
- Remove the wings from the oven. Pour off all the fat from the pan. If necessary, blot the wings with paper towels. Return the wings to the pan.
- Pour the barbecue sauce over the chicken wings and return to the oven. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Turn the wings over and bake 10 minutes longer. Serve hot, at room temperature, or cold.