Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Betty Crocker's Lemonade Party Cake

Kess and Kali went back to California for the school year and I guess I chose this cake to cheer myself up. The house isn't the same without those two comedians going at it. In fact, the place is a bit cheerless. If I wasn't on the "lose the baby weight so I get into the jeans I bought in a fit of hormones while pregnant" diet, I'd eat a piece of this cake just to cheer myself up.



Ingredients:
  • 1 box of lemon or yellow cake mix
  • water, vegetable oil and eggs (as called for on the cake mix box)
  • 1 can (6 fluid oz) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
  • 3/4 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 container of white or lemon frosting
Preparations:
  1. Heat oven and mix cake according directions. Bake according to box directions.
  2. Mix thawed lemonade with powdered sugar. 
  3. Pierce top of warm cake every 1/2 inch with long-tine fork.
  4. Drizzle lemonade evenly over the top of cake. Run knife along edges to loosen cake. 
  5. Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours or until chilled. 
  6. The powdered sugar didn't mix all that well. This is the unfrosted view.
  7. Frost cake and serve.

    No comments: